As I strive at Lucid to build a healthier, people-first organization, I have been reflecting on some core principles of building a great team.
What are we doing to…
- build a high-functioning team?
- improve the emotional intelligence of our team?
- ensure each and every one of the team feels valued?
- promote a healthy work/life balance?
- improve efficiency and profitability?
- encourage healthy communication?
- ensure we consistently do great work?
- enable our teammates to bring their best selves to work?
- practice being kind but firm?
- lead with expertise?
The flip-side to all of the above is just as important: what are we doing (whether inadvertently or not) to PREVENT these things? Or, what are we NOT doing to encourage these things?
I’m curious: what questions should we be asking individuals in our upwards, downwards, and self reviews to unlock areas where we are falling short?